Dinner at the Clink
On Thursday 15th, Saturday 17th, and Sunday 18th, we have booked the Clink, Her Majesty's Prison Cardiff, Knox Road, Cardiff, CF24 0UG.
The Clink is one of the best places to eat in Cardiff. The food is delicious, made from the best locally-grown produce, and prepared imaginatively; it has won numerous awards. Don’t miss it.
The Clink is special for another reason. It’s at Cardiff Prison, and trains and employs serving prisoners, who work in the kitchen and in the restaurant.
About 49% of UK prisoners re-offend within a year of leaving prison. The Clink aims to break the cycles responsible for this, by providing prisoners with skills, qualifications and prospects, and helping them find secure full-time employment in the hospitality sector upon their release.
As well as awards for its food, The Clink has won several for its educational work and its success in the rehabilitation of prisoners.
Note that alcohol is not served, but we’ll take you to a Cardiff pub for a drink afterwards.
Please arrive at 18.45. The restaurant is booked for 7.00pm each evening, but you should aim to arrive at 6.45pm. Tickets are £30 for a three-course dinner that includes an introductory non-alcoholic cocktail and tea/coffee afterwards.
We expect these tickets to sell out completely on each night. We have booked the entire restaurant up to its full capacity and we will not be able to squeeze more people in - buy your tickets sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment.
Special dietary requirements can be catered for, if you let us know in advance on the form.
- Non-alcoholic cocktail
- Soup of the Day, sour dough bread (V)
- Game Terrine served with damson chutney and elderberry syrup
- Bruschetta of balsamic glazed figs, pickled autumn vegetables, grilled walnuts, ricotta and fennel shavings (V)
- Breast of chicken, stuffed with chestnut and tarragon, lolly pop wing, served with dauphinoise potato, seasonal vegetables and thyme jus
- Seasonal fish served with mussel chowder and cumin bread
- Goats cheese and beetroot tagliatelle, served in a caramelised onion broth with crispy sprout leaves and mushroom dust (V)
- Brioche bread and butter pudding, served with apricot crème anglaise (V)
- Blackberry cheesecake, served with honeycomb and elderberry coulis (V)
- Selection of homemade ice cream (V)
Please use the form below to purchase a ticket for dinner at the Clink. Places are limited, so please limit yourself to dinner on one night.